Nacho Cheese Chips {using almond flour}

Nacho Cheese Chips

Superbowl or not, I love chips and dip. There’s nothing like fresh salsa, guacamole, and some chips with a beverage, before a game, dinner, lunch, or just as a snack.

And how about nachos? Gooey cheese melted on top of crunchy chips, salsa, and maybe some beans. Yum. I getting hungry just writing this.

almond meal nachos rolled thin

Posted in Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Low-Sugar, SCD, Snacks, Vegetarian, Wheat-Free  |  48 Comments

48 Responses to Nacho Cheese Chips {using almond flour}

1. Jillian says:

Awesome! These look wonderful. Wish I had some right now! :D

2. JoAnne says:

These do look tasty – similar to the tribites or whatnot, except with no yogurt cheese. I loved those before, but now I’m having an odd problem with my almond flour. I’ve ordered 5 lb bags from Honeyville Grains before several times, and they were fantastic, so I decided to go for it and bought the giant 25 lb box. It arrived in an oddly unpackaged way, and now all the flour somehow tastes so VERY almondy. I can’t describe it, it’s like I used the previous flour and added a bunch of almond flavoring. Boo. I can barely stand the baked goods, let alone anything savory … but I have an awful lot of it to work through. Sigh.

Try contacting Honeyville – that’s a lot of almond flour!

• beth says:

I haven’t had this happen w/ Honeyville (yet) but I think I know what you mean. It tastes almost like almond extract has been added to the flavor, or even amaretto type flavor? I think I’ve had this happen w/ TJs almond meal on occasion. I’ve always wondered if this meant it was rancid, and since the bigger bags probably move more slowly, I wonder if that’s a possibility?

3. Rachel says:

How much water do we add? I don’t see it in the recipe! Thanks!

4. Anne says:

How much water?

5. jamie says:

thank you this recipe looks wonderful!!! Can’t wait to try it.

6. Tanya says:

I make my own almond milk from home and have all the leftover meat when I am done getting all the flavor out for the milk process. Can I use the leftover meat for this recipe? I would love to find a way to use it and not throw it away.
      Thanks!

7. Christine says:

Oooh, those look good. I love almond flour. That looks like something I would definitely want to try!

8. Barbo says:

They look good enough for me to give them a try.

I miss crunch, we do have pork rinds, but I miss

the grainy bite.

Thanks

barbo

9. Claire Patty says:

Still not sure my comment went through! Anyways, thank you for being of such help with gluten-free, lactose-free recipes! I love this blog, and it’s such a great new find! Keep it up!

10. Robyn says:

OMG…I just made these and they were amazing!!!! Thank you…even my very picky husband liked them! They are so good!!!!

11. Tanya says:

Well I tried these with my leftover almond meal from making almond milk and they were pretty bad. :O( So stick with the regular almond flour. My meal was so void of anything that the chips turned out so bland even with all the spices added. I do hope I can find a use for all my leftover almond meal from making milk….
      Can’t wait to try this with the real flour next time. I could taste the potential:O)

~Tanya

12. Amy says:

Hey Erica,

My son and I are going to give these a try! They look so yummy and he has been begging me for chips! Got some guacamole that will go perfect with them. ;) Do you know how long they will keep?

Thanks!

13. I just took these out of the oven. OMG!! Incredible! Will definitely be making these often. Pinned this on pinterest.

14. Luana says:

I rolled mine too thin, and they got a bit too brown in the oven. They are still good, nice crisp and great with salsa. I’ll roll them a bit thicker next time, and check to be sure they don’t brown too much.

15. Pingback: What to dip with?

16. Lisa says:

I just made these and they are AMAZING. I don’t think I rolled mine thin enough, so they came out tasting quite a bit like cheese straws – which is absolutely not a bad thing. ;) I will blog about this later today. Thank you! (And thanks for all the recipes. Just came across your site while researching coconut flour recipes. Am attempting the lemon and poppyseed muffins later!)

17. Pingback: More Crunch please - Page 2

18. Pingback: Fox in the Kitchen – Recipe: Rosemary Almond Crackers :: MMM (Must Make Monday)

19. Mari says:

Where can I find legal chili powder?
      Thanks

I’m not positive it’s SCD legal, if that’s what you mean, but I use the Simply Organic chili powder. they don’t seem to have additives, but you can send them an email to check.

20. TnMuleGal says:

Thanks so much for this recipe! I made these tonight and they were wonderful…..felt just like eating “real” tortilla chips! I can finally enjoy Taco Salad again!!

21. Shae says:

I’m in the process of making these and had a question. Do I transfer the cut slices onto the cookie sheet with the non-stick still in place? Meaning, I noticed you used a silpat mat or something similar. Did you transfer the silpat mat to the cookie sheet as well? If so, what do I do when it’s time to flip them? Do I use a spatula or just flip the parchment paper (in your case silpat mat)?

Thanks!

Yes, transfer the parchment paper to the cookie sheet. Almond flour tends to stick to surfaces when it bakes. It also helps it crisp when it’s on a non-stick surface.

22. Pingback: Lisa’s Letters Home: Gluten Free Nachos - Sweet Potato Chronicles

23. Pingback: On-The-Go Gluten Free Lunch and Snack Ideas :: Easy Like A Sunday Morning | Fox in the Kitchen

24. Holly says:

I used this recipe to make a crust for a taco pie, and it was great! I flattened the ball of dough into the bottom of a greased glass pie pan, and baked it for 10 minutes. Then, I put the filling in (ground beef, refried beans, etc) and baked it for 15 more minutes. Such an awesome recipe!

25. Mari says:

I just made these. Amazing! as always. You are the best. Your recipes really help me stay on track.

26. Heather says:

I made these today and they are fantastic! I think I baked them a tad too long but will bake less next time. Rolled them super thin so they’re extra crunchy.

27. Pingback: Soup N Crackers and a Detox Update - Continental Food Recipes

28. nikki says:

I just made these. YUMMY! I am so excited to add these to my growing collection of awesome recipes. I feel so empowered because I can take charge of my health AND enjoy my food! Thank you for sharing this recipe. It’s a keeper!

29. Cate says:

Just made an alternative version of these with Old Bay seasoning instead of the chipotle and chili powders and they came out great!

30. DENISE PUCKETT says:

what can I used instead of almond flour since I am allergic to almonds?