Chicken Parmigiana

Chicken Parmigiana

Wishing you were in Italy? I am. I love Italian food – and art!

When I need a quick Italian food fix, this is the one of the dishes I make. If you’re in a major city in the U.S., you must make a trip to one of these neighborhoods: Arthur Avenue, Little Italy, North Beach, The Hill, North End, Italian Market. As a kid, one of my favorite dinner outings was to Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. One of the many benefits of growing up in the Bronx.

Chicken Parmigiana plate

This recipe can be approached in two steps: make the “breaded” chicken fillets, and then bake the chicken parmigiana. At least one of us eats the pan-fried chicken fillets with just a squeeze of lemon or ketchup (like long chicken fingers), so I always make some extra chicken fillets.

You can also make the chicken ahead of time, prepare the dish, store in the refrigerator, and then bake it for 15 minutes before you’re ready to eat it. And it reheats well too!

Posted in Gluten-Free, Low-Sugar, SCD, Wheat-Free  |  10 Comments

10 Responses to Chicken Parmigiana

1. Christina Mckninney says:

This looks yummy!! Cant wait to try it!!!

2. debbie says:

Made this last night. Very good, my family loved it.

3. Asturd says:

These are simply the most delicious cutlets ever, if my name’s not Asturd.

4. Natasha says:

This looks delicious!

5. Dana says:

These were AWESOME! You would never know these are gluten-free! Reminded me so much of my Mom’s Italian cooking … something that I have truly missed since being diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Thank you for posting this recipe – I can tell it’s going to become a staple in my household!

6. Pingback: Chicken Parmigiana Coated with Almond Flour | Raising Child Raising Self

7. Tracey F. says:

As wonderful as this looks, mozzarella cheese isn’t SCD legal. You know that, right? :o)

8. Angela Adams says:

I made this for dinner tonight using smoked gouda and parmesan and it was DELICIOUS! Everything about it! Yum yum yum! Thanks for the great recipe.