Banana Bread {using coconut flour}

Comfy Belly: Banana Bread using coconut flour

Have you been searching for a nut-free coconut flour banana bread recipe? Well, I have a treat for you. It’s been through rigorous testing thanks to Comfy Belly recipe testers who keep me inspired while helping me through the kinks in a recipe. After playing around with flaxseed, 2 bananas, and so on, what we’ve landed on is a simple and reliable banana bread recipe using just coconut flour. And, it’s nut-free, gluten-free, and grain-free.

Comfy Belly: Banana Bread using coconut flour

Comfy Belly: Banana Bread using coconut flour

You might be familiar with this banana bread recipe and in fact it’s still my all-time favorite. To me it’s better than banana breads I have made with wheat-based flours. Now I have a nut-free, grain-free, gluten-free option that uses simple, nutrient-dense ingredients.

This recipe is also one of the many new recipes I’ve written over this past summer for my coconut flour cookbook with the help of a great group of recipe testers . I feel very lucky to have them playing along with me. Here’s more information on recipe testing, if you’re interested.

Comfy Belly: Banana Bread using coconut flour

Posted in Breakfast, Dairy-Free, Desserts, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Nut-Free, Paleo, SCD, Vegetarian, Wheat-Free  |  183 Comments

183 Responses to Banana Bread {using coconut flour}

1. Shar says:

How long would you bake this, if you chose to make these as muffins?

2. Jennifer wood says:

I am going to try this without any honey. Bananas are sweet enough for me.

3. Helen says:

Hi
    I’m new to all of this. I’ve bought your book but could you please tell me if I make a few will it freeze alright so I can use it in my kids school lunches, as this recipe looks perfect for them.
    thanks

4. Sarah Oliver says:

I liked this taste-wise but found it a bit dry. Was wanting a consistency similar to your pumpkin bread (cake) recipe. Is there a way I can tweak it? Less coconut flour? More banana? I may experiment a bit but just thought I’d ask first. Coconut flour is tricky! I love your site. It has saved our GAPS journey fork being too boring!

Wow, I found it a bit on the moist side and all the recipe testers said it was quite moist and sweet. Are you following the recipe? To make it less dry you can remove 1 tablespoon of coconut flour.

• Coconut says:

I added 2 TBSP of melted coconut oil to the recipe. They came out very moist and tasty!

5. Jennifer Gray says:

I just made this recipe and it turned out GREAT! My kids are SCD/GAPS but I am not (yet). I have a huge sweet tooth and I’m still used to regular sugar (I know, I know) and even I thought it was really good and it satisfied my sweet tooth. Thanks for the great recipe!

6. Margaret says:

Wow! Made this morning – it is REALLY good. And I cheated and used my vitamix :) Used a standard loaf pan lined with parchment and I threw in a handful of chopped walnuts and a handful of raisins.Very moist!

gread idea using the Vitamix – I’ve been tempted, I just hate cleaning my Vitamix unless I have to.

• Jessica says:

I dreaded. cleaning it too and since I make so many smoothies, it was getting really stained. Now I rinse it out, dump some white vinegar in with really how water and let it soak for a while. No more staining and much easier to clean.

Thanks for your great recipes – exactly 3 brownish bananas are waiting on my counter.

great tip! I’ll have to try the vinegar technique—Thanks.

• Lisa says:

I clean my Vitamix by filling the container to 4 cups and adding one drop of dishwashing soap, then hitting the “Smoothie” setting.

Can the person who use the Vitamix for this explain how she did it? I just got mine and am not used to using it much yet.

7. Nicole says:

Tastes great but didn’t rise that much. Any idea where I could have gone wrong? It’s quite flat and I used a 10 x 5 bread pan.

8. Mel says:

This recipe rocks. Best coconut flour banana bread recipe to date!

9. Shawnte says:

This is one of my all time favorite recipes!!!! I have made it for many people and they are always surprised athat it is gluten free!! I love surprising people! Thank You I will be buying your book!!!!

10. Shawnte says:

Bought your book! Making this bread now!!

11. Pixy says:

I love this recipe! The best! I have been searching for a recipe that’s as simple and delicious as this for awhile. I tried the recipe for the first time yesterday, followed to a tee, but left out the maple syrup/honey, it turned out exactly as pictured. Although I had to leave in for another 10 minutes to brown perfectly on top, nonetheless, perfect! This will be one one my top recipies for my pcos/ paleo lifestyles. Thank you!

12. lina says:

I added some walnuts and choc chips and it turned out Amazing!!!! it was super moist and i couldn’t stop snacking on it…Thanks for sharing

13. matty says:

I’m baking mine in the oven right now. the texture is less thick (definitely more liquid) than other paleo banana breads i’ve tried. i doubled it, and am using frozen ripe bananas, would that change the recipe at all? im hoping it’ll turn out as moist as the batter looked. thank you for this simple recipe!

Yes, it is a bit more fluid as batter, but it should bake firm. If not, remove some moisture or add more coconut flour. I’ve recently stopped adding the sweetener and that firms it up.

14. Bridgette says:

This was fantastic. Do you think it would work with pumpkin puree?

15. Natalie says:

yum, this sounds amazing-cant wait to give it a go! Only one problem;i don’t have an oven! (I live in student accom)..what changes do you recommend if I was to try cooking this in a microwave?

no, I don’t think this will work in a microwave, but then again I haven’t tried it. Can you get your hands on a cheap, used toaster oven or other oven?

16. Mammachubs says:

Great recipe! Best so far and I’ve tried a couple. Did not add any honey or maple syrup and it turned out quite sweet for me! Perfect! Thank you!!

17. Michaela says:

Could you use chia eggs and make it vegan?

18. Stephanie says:

Simply delicious! I made 24 mini muffins. I tried one a few minutes after I pulled them from the oven and thought they were so-so. But after a couple hours the flavors seemed to mingle even more and they were really, really good! Thanks for the recipe!

19. amy says:

I’m new to using non-wheat and non gluten flours, but felt brave and this recipe looked delish. I made some changes (I’ve been baking long enough to feel sure about this!) and the end result was sooo yummy… there is one prob though- The Loaf is GONE!! :)
    Anyhow, these are the changes, and like I said, the bread tasted amazing, and it was moist, not overly gummy, and very flavourful. I followed the recipe as above, and improvised in making a double batch. I was out of eggs, so used egg whites (2 egg whites for every egg called for), 3 bananas, 3/4cup of unsweetened homemade applesauce, full amount of coconut flour plus 2/3 cup of rice flour, and omitted the vanilla by mistake. Everything else I followed a double ratio of… and baked it at 350 for 60 minutes. So good, I’m making this again!

20. Jess says:

I don’t know why but mine came out very dense and heavy and a bit wet. Is this perhaps because I didn’t mix it enough? I’m not used to having to beat air into a banana bread mix. Suggestions? Cheers

that did happen to me once when I first started testing the recipe. Make sure you have enough bananas and add 1 more tablespoon of flour if the batter seems too fluid.

21. Erica, this banana bread looks yummy! We can’t wait to review your cookbook!

22. Joke (Yoka) says:

Hi Erica,

Hello from China ;)
    I just made this as a bread and it turned out great! I used cinnamon instead of vanilla. I still had some ripe bananas lying around so now the batch of muffins is in the oven ;)
    I came across your recipe as I was looking for a bread to make with bananas yet without almond flour, since I ran out of that. For fun and extra flavour I smashed up some dark chocolate and added it to the batter. Yummm!

23. Robert says:

Could you tell me if coconut flour has a strong coconut taste or it does
    not taste a lot ?

24. Pingback: Banana Bread {PCOS Style} | With Great Expectation

25. Pingback: Take n’ Bake: Low Carb/Gluten Free Banana Bread | what the mehek.

26. Annette Christenson says:

This may be a great recipe, but those with nut allergies like myself still need to be aware that coconut is a nut..Not everyone reacts to it ,just be aware an anaphalic reaction is possible for Nut allergy sufferers.

27. Pingback: Easiest Paleo Banana Bread Ever! | Ms "Primaly" Paleo

28. Mina says:

I was searching for a vegan coconut flour cake recipe and I ran into yours. You use eggs, but I’ll use chia seeds instead. I think it should work out okay. However,one third of a cup of coconut flour seems extremely little. I would have thought three cups is more appropriate… Is it true or is it a typo mistake? Thanks for confirming.

29. April says:

I tried this but used persimmon puree instead of bananas (had a bunch of persimmons to use up). It’s in the oven now. Hopefully it’ll be good. :)

30. M. Light says:

I tried this and it was delicious. I did not add honey and it was sweet enough with the bananas I used. Somehow the other ingredients (likely coconut flour rather than wheat) really let the banana flavor come through, and my entire house smelled of amazing banana aroma. I doubled the vanilla because I like vanilla! I mixed the salt and baking soda in well with the flour before adding that to the mix. I doubled the recipe, and used two smaller size ceramic loaf pans (about 7X 3 ? not too tiny) filled to aboutt 7/8, and it rise nicely and crested nicely. It took more like 60 minutes to be done, but some of that depends on banana size and ripeness (mine were mush and ripe). Delish!

Excellent tips! thanks so much for sharing what worked for you. I love the idea of mixing the salt and baking soda well, I’m sure that helped. Yes, the coconut flour and bananas are quiet sweet on their own. Love ceramic!

• Ingrid says:

Great tip on mixing the dry ingredients first. Maybe that’s why mine came out a little weird tasting. But then again it’s my first time baking gluten free and eating gluten free bread.

31. Pingback: Post Thanksgiving “Blahs” · How We Fit

32. Pingback: Over-qualified banana bread | at home Jones

33. Pingback: Banana and Date loaf | What's on the menu?

34. Mandy says:

I just made half the recipe (not exactly “half” – 1 banana and 2 eggs, and added 1/2 tsp cinnamon), so three muffins in total. Delicious! Thank you!

35. Tim Stubbe says:

Great recipe…last one I added a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips… Wonderful upgrade

36. Christy says:

This sounds so good!! what size banana’s did you use? so I can have a rough idea what to buy…

37. Catherine says:

Would like to add ground flax seed. How would you recommand it ?

38. Jenny says:

I usually don’t take the time to post my comments about people’s recipes after trying them out – even though I’m very grateful they share their recipes, but this recipe was just SO, TOO DARN GOOD TO IGNORE…wow! This banana bread was SO good. And I find it is pretty low calorie as well! (80 cal/muffin – I made 12 with this recipe) Thank you so much. The muffin/bread was SO moist and SO good and tasty :) I used 1 tbsp of honey and added some chocolate chips in it. Yum! Thanks for this recipe! Love coconut flour.

39. Denise Myers says:

Is it possible to substitute applesauce for the bananas?

Thanks!

40. Dea Perkins says:

So happy to find your recipe for banana bread made with these ingredients. We are passionate too about wholesome and nutrient dense foods. Look forward to trying your recipe tomorrow! Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas… from a math educator now foodie and wellness quest-er to another! God Bless You! ~Deana at rethinkwellness.wordpress.com

41. Tiffany says:

I just made these today and they were wonderful!

Super moist! I made them into little muffins and baked for around 22 minutes.

They were so yummy. I am going to try to omit the honey next time to see what it will taste like. I thought it was really sweet, but still really yummy!

Thanks so much for the recipe!

42. India says:

Absolutely love the recipe! It came out so well!! Thank you for sharing!

43. stephanie says:

Délicieux ! I’m french from Québec so Sorry if my english not perfect. It is délicious. I’m add walnuts and chocolate chippits (and I’m done it in muffin in instead of bread).
    Great! I gone buy your book for sure :)

Merci, Stephanie! Amour “chippits”. PS I used to visit Quebec every summer as a young girl. We always stayed at Mont Tremblant (before it became so big!)

44. Ebony says:

Tasted like scrambled eggs with bananas yuck!

Ebony, make sure you added the additional two tablespoons of coconut flour and if the batter is still too soupy add another teaspoon to tablespoon of coconut flour. Another option is to reduce the sweetener—the goal is to thicken the batter so it’s not so “eggy”.

45. Jess says:

Hi Erica, thank you for this outstanding recipe! I doubled the recipe, added 100g of walnuts and 100g dark chocolate and left the honey out and made into 12 muffins, they tasted really light and nice, no one could tell I didn’t use white flour!! The texture was just unbelievable i I must say that mine turned out too salty even though I used only 1/2tsp for a doubled recipe, the only change I would recommend to reduce salt by half if honey is omitted. But I will definitely use this recipe for all my future banana muffins! :)

46. Hadia says:

Hi!
    Just found your recipe and I would love to give it a try. It looks great.
    I was just wondering that I only have a 9 into 5 inch loaf pan, so how can I alter the recipe for that? Can I get some help please.
    Thanks!!! :)

The loaf will just be lower and wider, or you can double the batter and use some of the extra batter as muffins. A third option is to use 1 1/2 times the batter.

47. Corinne says:

Is there anything special you need to do if cooking with coconut flour in higher altitude regions. With regular flour, you usually add a couple of extra tablespoons, is this something that you should do when using coconut flour? This recipe sounds very good. It’s my first time using coconut flour and I want to try something fairly easy first. Thanks!

Great question, and a complicated one. I haven’t tested coconut flour at varying altitudes so this is just based on factual evidence from other sources but two things to consider are the amount of liquid and baking time, both which change based on altitude. A good source for more info is here (even though AP flour info doesn’t apply, many of the tips apply to other ingredients that are used): https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipe/high-altitude-baking.html

• Corinne says:

Thanks for the link Erica. It is a lot more complicated than my Mom ever taught me about adding the extra flour. I live in Calgary Alberta and we are just under 3500ft and semi arid, always makes for interesting experimental baking when trying recipes from others. Not too many coconut trees around here either

48. Jessica says:

Surprisingly delish and bread-like! Thanks!

I tried fully subbing flax eggs in place of chicken eggs. Bread didn’t rise and didn’t fully cook through. Any tips? How long should I extend baking time if using flax eggs? Or, should I tweak the baking soda and/or add in baking powder?

Thanks. I wouldn’t know unless I tested it. This went through a lot of testing. My experience is adding more than one or two flax seeds becomes tricky.

49. Stephanie says:

I threw some dark chocolate chips in these and made them into muffins and they were amazing!

50. Ingrid says:

My second time making this. My 2 yr old daughter loved it! I’m the same person that thought at first the taste was too different but it’s amazing how delicious it is after it cools down. Now one of my favorite recipes. Just had to say it again!
    thx!
    Ingrid

51. Ellana says:

Is it possible to substitute the coconut flour with banana flour? If so, would anyone know the ratio as I know you normally use 25% less banana flour when substituting for what flour, not sure with coconut?

52. Jackie says:

Thanks for this recipe, I made mine into muffins -scrumptious!!

53. Amanda says:

HELP!! I recently discovered I have an allergy to eggs (even in baked goods) with my allergies and my 20 month sons allergies we need Gluten free, Wheat free, egg free foods!!! I bought a Gluten free brownie mix and substituted applesauce for the eggs!! It didn’t turn out at all, it was brownie pudding :(!!!

Long story short I would LOVE to make this bread for me and him for breakfast BUT I need to replace the eggs! what can I use??

• Jessica says:

My family and I are not egg free, but I have friends that are sensitive/ allergic… I usually try to make sure their son can have cupcakes at my daughters bday party… She says she uses a tablespoon of ground flax to 3 tablespoons warm water per egg, or you can use three tablespoons (any type) flour with same amount water. If the recipe calls for more then one egg, use both. I have also read that you can substitute soaked chia seeds, but I’m not sure the measurements on that. Good luck:)

54. Stephanie says:

This was my first time using coconut flour and I was very impressed with this recipe. The kids love them and I love that I didnt even need to add any sweetener! I did find them a bit salty and maybe that had to do with the fact that I did skip the sweetener. I will definitely make this again and I will cut the salt a bit next time. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Yes, I did as well. If you’re not using honey or maple syrup, definitely reduce the amount of salt to 1/4 teaspoon. Or if you prefer your bread less salty you can also go down to 1/4 teaspoon.

55. karen w says:

I made these as muffins. I cooked them for 25 min and let cool. Still very watery. I am putting in oven for am extra 10 min. Should I have added more coconut flour?? Help. Tasted good though.

that seems too long. Sorry, it sounds like the batter may have needed more coconut flour or less egg. I suggest cooling it for a few hours to see if it firms up. this does happen sometimes.

56. Franky says:

I. love. this.! I made it yesterday and haven’t been able to stop thinking about it…I am keeping it in my fridge so it is super duper moist. I also added some coconut extract and coconut flakes to make it have a hint of coconut. So good! Thanks for much for the recipe!

57. Stacey says:

I made this banana bread yesterday. My husband and I both agree it is very plain tasting. If I were to make it again I would certainly add cinnamon and nutmeg or something else to it.

58. Lisa C says:

I decided to try this as a smash cake for my one year old’s birthday. I first tried them as mini muffins. I omitted the maple syrup and added 2 TBSP of applesauce, increased the baking soda to 1 tsp, and slightly increased the vanilla. They came out perfectly as mini cupcakes with a light cupcake texture. Perfect for his baby friends! The smash cake is baking in the oven now with the same modifications. I hope it works because having a fruit only sweetened cake is exactly what I’m looking for. (I’m planning on just plain whipped coconut cream for the “frosting.”)

59. Pingback: 5 Scrumptious Coconut Flour Recipes » The Nutty Scoop from Nuts.com

60. maya says:

Great recipe! I’ve been experimenting with coconut flour a lot, and have been using the freezer method to keep all of my baked goods moist. I took it right out of the oven and shoved it into the freezer for about 30 minutes – was very moist and delicious!

61. Barb says:

Hi….I made these today…..and followed your recipe/directions with the exception of only using 1 T. Of sweetener. When they came out of the oven, the muffins looked great, nice dome and golden brown. As they cooled they sunk down a bit, and looked a little wet on top. Any idea what caused those problems? After cooling I tried one and it tasted to salty, I’ll try one again tomorrow and see if it still tastes the same. Thanks in advance for your help.

Not sure really but reducing the sweetener might have changed things. I’ve never had these be salty, so maybe you adjusted the baking soda as well?

62. Tamra says:

This banana bread was so good, and smelled so good we couldn’t wait to let it cool! Warm, it tastes like bread pudding. I will make this again! Thanks.

63. Sarah says:

Tried the recipe as muffins and they’re AMAZING. I was just curious though, do have any idea what the nutrition information is? As far as sugar, fat, protein, calorie etc.

Looove your site though! Thank you!

64. Pingback: Gluten Free Banana Bread | Spicy CarrotSpicy Carrot

65. Nissa says:

Thank you so much for a wonderful recipe! I made muffins the first time a week or two ago and a loaf today–both were great. I love that you use coconut flour since it’s what I use most–I don’t like to use nut flours or butters, and while I do sometimes use sunflower seed butter or flour, its distinct flavor isn’t always complimentary to a recipe (nor is the green color of the end product!). My oldest daughter is having a slumber party in a few weeks, and this will be the perfect addition to breakfast–I have no doubts that even the girls who don’t eat very healthfully will enjoy it!

66. Yuliya says:

Wow! The muffins turned out so airy, fluffy and moist. Great flavor as well! I’ve added roasted sunflower seeds to give it that nutty feel:) this recipe is a keeper! Thank you!!!

67. Megan says:

This was really delicious banana bread. I added in 1/4 cup flax seed!

68. Megan says:

This was really delicious banana bread. I added in 1/4 cup flax seed!

69. Pingback: ChocoCoco SPLOsion NanaBread | cassandrareborn

70. Pingback: Banana Bread | healthyhurdler

71. Pingback: simple, vegan banana bread with coconut flour {recipe} | healthy spiritually

72. Lauren says:

Made this last night and it’s fantastic!! Added a few sprinkles of cinnamon and few mini chocolate chips. This is a keeper!! Perfect to bring to my office of health-conscious coworkers ;)

73. Lynette says:

Hi Erica, I baked this the other day, but did not rise, was very flat, first time I have used coconut flour.

Not sure, did you add the baking soda?

• Lynette says:

Hi Erica,

Yes I did use baking soda, this may seem like a silly question but why do you have to add another 39gms of coconut flour. Also I live in Australia may be it could be different Coconut flour hear. Also I cook a lot with Almond Meal not called Almond Flour in Australia. Is there really much difference, not quite sure.

Ah, yes, it could be the flour, but more likely I think it is the amount of eggs. Not all egg sizes are created equal due to varying standards across countries, so you may have to adjust the number of eggs up depending on their size or weight (the recipe calls for large eggs). European eggs are a whole size larger than American eggs.

74. Shaaron Grogan-Sheahan says:

I have my first loaf in the oven and am using a glass ‘regular’ pan. I took your idea to heart and didn’t use the smaller pan. I AM NOW READING THE RESPONSES above and wished I had read them before baking. I am sure this will be a great recipe and loaf.
    One comment about your book: I am thrilled that you have created a coconut cookbook. My grandson has been diagnosed with autism and we are using all approaches to support him as he begins other recommended therapies. His ultimate diet for a while will be paleo. However, with all of the nut allergies these days, we realized that we couldn’t send him to daycare or school with baked goods made from almond flour. These will be consumed at home as neither boy has nut allergies. I will be purchasing your book, for sure, as I shall be using a lot of coconut ‘flour’ in my baking for him.

Thanks so much for your contribution to the good health of children and adults alike.

Thanks for the sweet note, Shaaron. So nice to read at the end of a long day! Yes, coconut flour is great for school/classroom/camp since it is truly nut-free. Best wishes, Erica

75. Tana says:

Just made this last night. I do find it a bit moister than I’m partial to as it almost tastes uncooked. It was cooked through. I think I’d cut back the sweetner to only a single tablespoon. Wonder if adding some cider vinegar like you have in your zucchini loaf would also help with having it raise up a bit better? It was overall a good first attempt but I will tweak it a bit next time. Thanks!

I haven’t tried cider vinegar, but I’d love to know how it goes if you try it. Read the headnotes though, because you can easily solve this by either reducing the amount of sweetener or increasing the amount of coconut flour (not by much though, only about a tablespoon). Many like it this moist, but I’m actually with you, in that I find it too moist but I love reducing the sweetener to change that :)

76. shannel says:

This banana bread was unbelievably good. I added a tablespoon of nut butter, chia seeds and some walnuts. Delicious.

Thanks

77. Pingback: Friday Dance |

78. Such a wonderful recipe. I have made it twice now, shared the recipe with friends and on my blog.

79. Pingback: Coconut Flour Cookin’ | Curve Happens

80. Erin says:

I was looking for a coconut flour banana bread recipe yesterday and found your blog. I made this pretty much exactly as written (with 1 TBSP honey instead of 2), let it sit overnight, and just had some for breakfast this morning. It is DELICIOUS! So super moist. Moist banana bread is my absolute favorite… so thank you for a great and refreshingly simple recipe :D

81. Kathy Hart says:

I was searching for a nut-free, Paleo-friendly banana bread recipe last night, and yours showed up. It is delicious! I made it into muffins, omitted the sweetener, and added some chocolate chips on top of each muffin before putting in the oven. They turned out a little moister than I expected; next time, I’ll add that extra TBSP of coconut flour. This is my new favorite banana bread recipe. Thanks!

82. Kris says:

Hi,
    My compliments for your blog!
    One question: I followed your recipe precisely, and the consistency is perfect. But I found the end result to be very salty – Does anyone else have this problem?
    Kris

83. Evelyn says:

Hi Erica,
    I tried making this last night–it smelled delicious and oh-so-banana-y… until I bit down on it and found it salty. I followed the recipe to the T. Is 1/2 tsp. of salt too much?

84. Caresse says:

Hi, I just made this recipe today and it turned out very moist! I ever added another tsp of coconut flour. After bake time my toothpick came out clean. Any suggestions? Thanks so much. I just purchased your new cookbook, and am excited to try more recipes.

It is a very moist loaf, indeed. You can bake it a bit longer, reduce the amount of sweetener (it’s plenty sweet with ripe bananas), or add just a smudge more coconut flour next time. Hope that helps.

85. Deborah Shaw says:

Can you make this recipe in a bread machine?

86. Cindy says:

I’m definitely going to give this one a try. Based on all of the comments, I look forward to some delicious bread! I will however use cookware that is non reactive aluminum. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

87. New Mommy says:

Can I use coconut sugar instead of honey? And if yes, how many tbs?

Thanks

I’ve been curious about this myself and others have asked as well, so I’m going to test it soon and post it. If you try it, please let us know! Thanks for asking :)

Guess what? I tested this with coconut sugar last night and it works well! I bet it will work well with any granulated sugar.

88. Pingback: Paleo Banana Bread | The Clean Eating Mom

89. Raquel says:

Hi! I’m trying to bake banana bread using coconut oil, flour, and sugar. Your recipe seems to have all these but the oil. Do you use coconut oil? How much?
    Thanks for the info.

90. Elizabeth says:

Even with omitting the vanilla and using only half the honey, the ripe bananas gave the bread just enough sweetness. I also added in chopped cashews and cocoa nibs. Delicious! Thank you for the recipe!

91. Tarryn says:

This is completely amazing. Off to bake my second batch – yum!

92. Lily says:

Thanks for the recipe, I’m going to try this!. When you say ‘blend well’ (steps 4 and 5), do you literally mean in a blender? or do you just mean using a kitchen mixer or by hand in a bowl?

Hi Lily, you can do either. A standing mixer speeds up the process, but mixing by hand will work as well. I know some also use a food processor, but I don’t.

93. Pingback: Weekend Dates & A Run-By Fruiting |

94. Pingback: Banana Bread with Coconut Flour {gluten-free} | A Tasty Life

95. Cath says:

Best Banana Bread ever! We prepare nutritious cakes or cookies when we present workshops, and as many of our learners have food intolerences I now use coconut flour. I also add a few chopped dates & apricots to this recipe, with almonds or pumpkin seeds on top, scrumptious!!

96. Tay says:

Healthiest banana bread ever… was so simple. I had only 2 large bananas and used them , reduced the flour by 2 tbsp. .and boy this is so moist and yummy. Thank you.

97. Toni says:

I made this yesterday and it is almost gone! I added chocolate chips to it because my son asked, I think I should have let it bake 5 minutes longer as the bottom was still under cooked a bit i think because that is where all the chips went. Lesson learned! We have just been warming a slice at a time in the toaster oven and it is perfect! Thanks so much, I am new to using coconut flour and this recipe is a keeper!

98. Pingback: Add Gluten Convert White Coconut Flour To Almond | my gluten free diet

99. Zoe says:

Made this cake to take to the community garden I volunteer at for morning tea. I added raspberries & it was delicious. The bite from the raspberries works perfectly with the sweetness of the rest of the cake. Thanks for your recipe, best banana bread I’ve come across :)

100. Rachel says:

I have zero food allergies, I love bread, never buy things like stevia or equal, and often opt for full fat. I bake and cook heaps and thought I’d check out this recipe for my partner who doesn’t do too well with wheat. It. Was. Amazing.
    I added a sprinkle if cinnamon, used a gorgeous tea tree organic honey that’s as dark as treacle… It was just gorgeous. Moist.
    I found the coconut flour weird at first. But it grows on you after you start to change your mindset as to the texture of what you’ve known banana bread to be like.
    I’ve sent the recipe to two other people and will keep making it. Thanks!