How to Make Mayonnaise

Homemade mayonnaise

I’m so proud when I manage to re-create the taste of something that I used to buy in a jar. And this is quite simple to make—it just requires a bit of patience as you slowly drizzle the oil into the processor.

Homemade mayo is great because you choose the oil to use (I prefer light, cold pressed extra virgin olive oil), and the egg, and the, well, you get the point. Enjoy!

Posted in Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Low-Sugar, Paleo, Sauces & Dressings, SCD, Tips, Vegetarian, Wheat-Free  |  8 Comments

8 Responses to How to Make Mayonnaise

1. Chrissy Shah says:

This is the only mayo recipe I have been able to make emulsify AND it is yummy!! Thanks so much! My kids loved the egg salad I made with it. :)

Great to hear! Egg salad – yum. I’m going to make that for lunch.

3. Teresa Ingley says:

I am so excited about this mayonnaise. I did make it and it was nice and thick. My only problem was it tasted just like olive oil. What brand did you use that maybe is not as strong a flavor as mine? Thanks!

Teresa, yes, it does take on the flavor of the oil if it is strong. I don’t use olive oil too often unless I’m out of other oils. Lately I’ve been using sunflower oil, which has no flavor, really. Another one is safflower oil.

5. Allyson says:

I have tried other paleo mayo attempts but this one was the best with simple ingredients. Thank you

6. Berneda says:

Is it safe to eat a raw egg in something like this?

7. Cathey Moore says:

do you have any nutritional values on these recipes? I would be interested to know, especially the breakfast cookies.

Cathey