Strawberry Freezer Jam

Overrun with strawberries

Are you overrun by strawberries? I am. I started a strawberry patch last summer with stray strawberry plants that were inadvertently donated by my neighbor, and I can’t keep up. The easiest thing I can do right now is make strawberry freezer jam.

Berries in dish
My strawberry patch produces a mixture of sweet to tart berries, and together they make great jam (and I threw in a few very sweet store-bought strawberries as well).

When it’s warm, this jam is great over ice cream or other cold, creamy dessert. And when it’s cold, it’s great with yogurt, crackers, toast, ice pops, tarts, and in cookies.

Jar of strawberry jam

Posted in Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Nut-Free, Paleo, Sauces & dressings, SCD, Vegetarian, Wheat-free  |  10 Comments

10 Responses to Strawberry Freezer Jam

1. Kylie says:

This looks great! Any idea on how to deseed the berries?

Hi Kylie. I don’t mind strawberry seeds, but if you want to get rid of them, you’ll probably need to run the crushed strawberries through a food mill. The nice thing about a Vita-Mix is that if you run it at a high speed, it will break down the seeds – this works with raspberry seeds, so it will probably work with strawberries.

3. Tracee says:

Being over run with strawberries…what a wonderful problem to have!

Tracee – wish I had an easy way to share

5. Kristy says:

Can I do this with blackberries instead of strawberries, and other berries as well? Thanks for all your wonderful recipes!

6. Janelle says:

Hey there! Has anyone tried making jam using Stevia instead of honey? Thanks for any info! Love your website.

Janelle

7. PhoenixSnow says:

I just made this with coconut palm sugar instead of honey and it turned out very well!

8. Joanne Semien says:

I just made the strawberry jam it was easy and
    Good!!! I made some homemade rolls thaught I died
    And went to heaven gonna try blk berries next
    I used agave nector instead of honey!!
    Joanne D Semien